Back to: "W"
- Usado para
- wind direction indicator
- The wind direction indicator should be in the form of a truncated cone made of fabric and should have a length of not less than 3.6 m and a diameter, at the larger end, of not less than 0.9 m. It should be constructed so that it gives a clear indication of the direction of the surface wind and a general indication of the wind speed. The colour or colours should be so selected as to make the wind direction indicator clearly visible and understandable from a height of at least 300 m, having regard to background. Where practicable, a single colour, preferably white or orange, should be used. Where a combination of two colours is required to give adequate conspicuity against changing backgrounds, they should preferably be orange and white, red and white, or black and white, and should be arranged in five alternate bands, the first and last bands being the darker colour.
- INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION. ICAO abbreviations and codes: procedures for air navigation services. 7. ed. Montreal, 2007. (Doc. 8400)
- INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION. Annex 14 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation. Aerodromes. Volume I: aerodrome design and operation. 6th ed. Montreal, 2013.
- An aerodrome shall be equipped with at least one wind direction indicator.
- Air Navigation Aids
- indicador visual de condições do vento de superfície